A chain of lighthouses to guide ships
The considerate inhabitants of Ushant erected majestic lighthouses to help sailors, on or next to the island. The first, Stiff, was built in 1695 by Vauban. Jument, with a red top, and Keréon, nicknamed “the palace” due to the wood panelling, were erected with incredible effort. Créac’h, one of the most powerful lighthouses in the world, can be recognised by its black and white stripes.