Uncovered in 1902, the remains of the medieval village at Melrand, situated on a plateau dominating the Blavet valley, have been enhanced and brought to life with the help of science. A moving and authentic testimony to the lifestyle of Breton farmers from the year 1000 AD, the old settlement is now easier to understand thanks to the uncovered central square and one of its streets. The archaeological ‘taster’ program is open to everyone, and allows visitors to see a hundred or so species of plant, hardy animal breeds, and some very realistic mise en scene. Walk around the site and its 17 buildings, 10 of which have already been excavated, revealing a surprising combination of architectural elements made from stone, wood and earth. At the centre of the village there’s a children’s area where they can learn about the building methods of the time, archeological digs etc.